RISD and Harvard Business School Online have partnered to offer RISD students an amazing online learning experience to gain core business skills and knowledge.
RISD Careers is pleased to announce our collaboration with Harvard Business School Online and their Credential of Readiness (CORe) program which will provide you with the fundamentals of business. All RISD students are eligible to enroll in the program including those graduating who can participate in the summer of their graduation.
Overview of Program
- CORe is an interactive online program, with no prior business experience or coursework required.
- CORe utilizes Harvard Business School's proven case method and social learning experience to help you develop real world analytical and problem solving skills.
- CORe teaches you the essentials of business - Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting - through immersive case studies and a fully interactive online platform.
- Learn the language of business, gain knowledge that can help your career, and add the experience to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
Cost and Financial Aid
The program fee for CORe is $2,250.
As a collaborating college, RISD students may be granted need-based scholarships from Harvard Business School (HBS) Online. You must be currently receiving financial aid from RISD to be eligible for Harvard scholarships. HBS Online will work with the RISD Financial Aid Office for a review of your financial aid eligibility. You will be notified through HBS Online of whether or not you are receiving scholarship support prior to your enrollment in the program.
For students currently receiving RISD financial aid, HBS Online CORe program scholarships may be $1,800 for high need, $1,350 for medium need and $675 for low need.
- Depending on the timing of your application, admission and scholarship decisions may take up to 4 weeks.
Eligibility & How To Apply
- All undergraduate and graduate RISD students are eligible to enroll in the program including those graduating, who can participate in the summer of their graduation.
- The majority of RISD students apply for the May and June Sessions of the HBS Online CORe program. The program is demanding and is not recommended during RISD's Fall, Wintersession, and Spring semesters.
- You must use your RISD email address when you apply.
- RISD does not accept academic credit for the program and you need to apply for the non-credit version of CORe.
- You are responsible for paying the cost of the program at the time you officially enroll. Cost will be minus any scholarship funding you may receive from HBS Online. Do not forward your payment to RISD.
Additional Funding Support For Summer Sessions
- The Career Center will provide $8,000 of support ($4,000 for the May cohort & $4,000 for the June cohort to cover remaining costs.) This will be distributed among students based on their completion of the program and their performance.
- To be considered for funding, RISD students must complete the program, take the final exam, and then notify Kevin Jankowski, Director RISD Career Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org when this has been accomplished. Once students attain their final grades, they must also submit them to Kevin Jankowski and a deadline will be established to do so. This additional funding is only available after these steps are taken.
- For students who meet the above eligibility, funding support will start with the top performing students (based on their grades) to cover their remaining costs and will continue until the $4,000 has been depleted for each session. Since funding may be depleted, this support is NOT guaranteed for all that are eligible.