Get Advice From Our Experienced Advisors
The Career Center team is eager to help all RISD students and alumni through a variety of advising options covering a wide array of professional topics. Whether you are just starting out or you are a seasoned professional, we are a valuable resource in your career development.
We can meet with students and alumni regarding a vast array of career topics, including:
- developing a resume and portfolio
- seeking internships and jobs
- exploring artist opportunities
- applying for grants and fellowships
- seeking artist residencies
- exploring freelancing and entrepreneurship
- preparing for an interview
- evaluating job offers
- applying to graduate school
- and many other topics
Schedule an In-Person or Remote Advising Appointment
Booking an advising appointment is easy and can be done using the ArtWorks platform. Students and Alumni can use their RISD login to schedule appointments. Need help with your account ID or password? Visit the RISD password service to get up and running on ArtWorks.
Go to ArtWorks Go to RISD Password Service
How To Join Your Remote Appointment Using Zoom
Prior to your scheduled appointment you will receive an email from our office with details about your upcoming appointment. If you have chosen a remote appointment via Zoom, the email will include instructions for joining your appointment. If you encounter difficulties, feel free to contact our office for assistance.
For additional technical assistance regarding Zoom, go to Zoom Help.
Drop In Advising Hours
Drop Ins are first-come, first-served in-person advising sessions that are available to currently enrolled RISD students during the school year. These sessions are limited to 15 minutes only, and are meant to help students quickly address career questions without needing to book an appointment in advance.
- Drop Ins are currently IN PERSON only.
- Example topics include reviewing a resume, questions regarding searching for internships or jobs, or tips for networking with professionals.
- Drop Ins are only available during specific hours noted in the calendar below (times are Eastern Time). Drop Ins are not available during school breaks.
- Alumni are NOT eligible for Drop-ins and must schedule a career advising appointment for assistance.
- Drop In hours are typically Monday and Friday from 9am - 1pm or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11am - 1pm.