Get advice from our experienced advisors.
The Career Center team is eight members strong and eager to help all RISD students and alumni through a variety of advising options covering a wide array of professional topics. Whether you are just starting out, developing your portfolio, looking for opportunities, applying for grants, seeking art residencies, exploring entrepreneurship, preparing for an interview, or anything else career related, we can help.
Schedule a Remote Advising Appointment
Due to the the impact from COVID-19, we are now offering remote advising appointments via Zoom. Booking a remote advising appointment is easy and can be done using the ArtWorks platform. Students and Alumni can use their RISD login to schedule remote appointments. Need help with your account ID or password? Visit the RISD password service to get up and running on ArtWorks.
How To Join Your Appointment Using Zoom
Meeting with a career advisor using Zoom is easy! Prior to your scheduled appointment you will receive an email from our office with instructions for how access your Zoom career advising meeting. We also are including general instructions below for your convenience.
Instructions for Joining a Zoom Online Meeting Via Computer / Internet Connected Device
- At your scheduled appointment time, go to link listed as the "location" of your advising appointment as noted in ArtWorks and/or your Google Calendar appointment reminder. This is a personalized meeting link that will connect you to the career advisor for the advising meeting.
- When prompted, download and install OR open Zoom.
- Select to join the meeting using 'Computer' audio. (You may test your audio if you wish as well).
- Select 'Start Video' if you wish to be seen via webcam during the meeting.
Instructions for Joining a Zoom Online Meeting Via Phone (audio only) can be found in the email sent to you prior to the meeting.
Please be sure to join the meeting at the scheduled time. If you attempt to join earlier it may disrupt a call that is in progress with another student. Thanks for your consideration.
For additional technical assistance, go to Zoom Help
Remote Drop-In Advising Hours
Drop-ins are first-come first-served remote advising sessions that are available to currently enrolled RISD students during the school year for brief advising topics. These sessions are limited to 15 minutes only. Example topics include reviewing a resume, questions regarding searching for internships or jobs, or tips for networking and communicating with professionals.
- Drop Ins are only available during specific hours noted in the calendar below (all times are Eastern Standard Time).
- Alumni are not eligible for Drop-ins and must schedule a career advising appointment for assistance.
To request a Remote Drop-In, fill out the sign up form linked below. Submitting the sign up form will then provide you with a Zoom link you can use to join the next available drop-in session with an advisor.
Have a Quick Career Advising Question?
Send in your question using our online form and receive a response within 24 hours.